Wednesday, May 1, 2013 | By: ~Valerie~

Restore Me by J.L. Mac



Book Synopsis:

Navigating the world alone is all Josephine Geroux has ever known. Life altering tragedy struck early on for her. She endured an admirable struggle through her youth and learned the hard way how to adapt and survive. She managed to arrive at adulthood in one piece spite of it all.

After such chaos, maintaining a life free of complications is a priority for her. Everything changed when a man with amber eyes came through her door and claimed her heart. She fell hard in more ways than one. The pull between Jo and Damon seemed like fate bringing things circle.

With another devastating loss looming, Jo fights to hold on to the very thing that brought her to her knees. She finds herself torn between a  promising future and clinging to a devastating past. But that's not the most worrisome problem on her hands.

She must convince more that just herself to let the past stay in the past, where it belongs, but on her journey to find closure and resolution, she does the exact opposite. An old wound caused by a heinous act becomes exposed for what it is. The truth is catastrophic and Jo is helpless, watch as the ruins of her fragile world endure more turmoil.

Can something conceived from tragedy and malice end well? Can something so completely poisoned conquer adversity? Jo is left to make a decision; accept the circumstances she finds herself in or fight with unwavering ferocity to restore what has been damaged.

Book Review:

Oh my!!! Better be prepared to shed some tears in this one. What an emotional roller coaster. I about had a heart attack when I first started reading, I was not liking where the story I thought was going, thankfully, it didn't! I would have stopped reading immediately, lol.

My heart was aching through a lot of this book, the guilt that poor Jo was feeling about how everything went down. I don't know if I could have had the strength to pull myself through. She never gave up, she put forth her hard stubbornness to get her through it all. I envy her in her determination to not give up.

I have to say though I was a little disappointed because I felt it was too short. I still enjoyed the story but definitely needed to be longer. I am excited though to see what the next book holds. I feel there is going to be a little revenge from Edward. I am totally going to go insane waiting for the next book. Hopefully I won't have to wait long.

I guess the overall review would be....great story that continued from "Wreck Me" but wish it was longer. I enjoyed the fight that Jo had to make things better, the will to never give up. Makes me realize just because something seems to far away to come back doesn't mean you give up. I wish that the next book was already ready because I think it is going to be exciting to see what Edward has in-store for everyone. I love the characters and I love the fact you can feel the emotions that roll off of them. I definitely would recommend the book as it was a great read and just be prepared, this book was a little emotional both sad and happy moments.

0 comments:

Post a Comment