Sunday, May 19, 2013 | By: ~Valerie~

Out of the Shadow by J.S. Winn


Book Synopsis:

Out of the Shadow tells the story of two women drawn together in the present to uncover a crime from the past.

Having survived a rape and her husband's murder, all Becca Rosen wants to do is move on with her life, but how can she when she's being stalked by a psychopath with an attitude - and an agenda. The police are no help because they're convinced, with her history of mental illness, Becca has faked the rape to get away with her husband's murder. On top of that, Becca has begun to have flashbacks and nightmares of childhood abuse, possibly at the hands of the rapist. Not knowing where to turn, and feeling like she might go crazy again, Becca hires Psychologist, Sarah Abrams, to help her unearth who's behind the crimes of the past....and the present.

Three men come into Becca's life around the same time. While each of these men has his charms, Becca can't be certain whether any one of them is the real killer. Or could it be someone else? Together Becca and Sarah start on a course of hypnotherapy to discover the abuser's identity. Will their work reveal the real killer before it's too late, or will Becca once again fall prey to this demented criminal?

Book Review:

All I can say is WOW!!! This book was amazing!!! I really had no clue who the psychopath was till the last few pages...Oh and the ending was even more off from what I thought....talk about awesome!! It has been awhile since came across a book that had me guessing and changing my answers several times and keeping me confused all through the book.

This was my first book by this author and it will not be my last. I am really looking forward to reading more books by her!!!

I really liked how the story was told through the victims therapist. It gave a different edge to the writing style. It made it a lot more believable. I felt so much pain for the Becca/Rachel....she had to endure so much and a lot of it on her own....Reading this book has really made me want to look into understanding psychology more....it is truly interesting how our own minds can close out so many things that were hard for us to deal with.

Winn did a wonderful job of writing this story. It was written very well with hardly to no grammar issues at all. It was the right length and had just the right amount of detail in the story. I started this book early afternoon and finished late afternoon today.....I couldn't put it down, it had me captured since the first page.

You definitely have to get this book and read it!! You will not be disappointed and it will have you sitting on the edge of your seat and wondering what will happen next!!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment