Thursday, May 9, 2013 | By: ~Valerie~

Chasing Justice by Danielle Stewart





Book Synopsis:

Piper Anderson has been given a fresh start in the picturesque town of Edenville, North Carolina. But her plans of settling into a normal life are derailed when she witnesses a prominent judge in her community committing a violent assault. Running from her own past and fueled by a passion to make the judge answer for his crimes, Piper is forced to decide if she'll play by the rules or achieve justice in her own way.

Complicating things further, Piper finds herself fighting a powerful attraction to rookie cop, Bobby Wright. Although she's increasingly enamored with bobby, his staunch belief in the justice system is in stark contrast to her own. She may not share his opinions about the effectiveness of the law, but she certainly can't deny how safe she feels when she's in his arms or how every kiss leaves her desperate for more. 

For Piper,  the idea of finally living an ordinary life with a man to love is tempting. However, fate keeps placing the judge, quite literally, in her path. Will she decide the only way to win is to be as wicked as the judge, but with righteous intentions? And more importantly, will Bobby choose to let her go, or follow her as she crosses the line and takes justice into her own hands?

Book Review: 

First off, I am just going to scream about the ending!! How can you end it like that, there is no closer I need more!! I wanted the progression between Piper and Bobby!! Damn cliffhangers, hahaha!!! It is going to drive me nuts waiting for the second book in this series, specially when she ended it on such an a crazy event!! I have got to learn to wait till all the books are out before reading, I guess I enjoy torturing myself, lol!!

Okay on to the review, so let me think.....

I really enjoyed this story, everything by the way it was written to the characters in the book. It had a great story line and it flowed very nicely. I also enjoyed that you got to see different POV's from the characters, I can not say enough of how much I like multiple POV's. It just really helps the book become more real and it also helps the reader to understand where the character is coming from and how they feel about things. There were very few errors if any with grammar or spelling, but like I have said in previous reviews that I do not base my review off grammatical errors, we are all human and we make mistakes. As long as I can read the story and understand it I don't care.

Poor Piper, the pain and horror she had to endure in her past growing up and to hold it in and deal with it all herself was just to much. I felt so bad for her, to think you are alone in this world and not have anyone to turn to talk to about it. How she even stayed sane is beyond me. She is strong but also weak. She just needs someone to believe in her and not run away from her when her past is revealed. Definitely emotional time in the book when she finally tells Bobby what happened.

Bobby, nothing like a man in uniform, lol!! He is such a loyal and caring guy. Everything about him is just sweet and hot. He tries so hard to make sure everything is done by the law the way it is supposed to be done, but only to have it thrown back in his face and to be punished by it. He never gives up and his worry for Piper is so strong. He stands by her when he knows the worst and that is a big plus in my book. Everybody needs a Bobby in their life.

Betty and Jules are just to much, their personalities and the things they say had me laughing. They are not afraid to speak their mind and are willing to go the extra mile to make you feel welcomed. They are strong women who fight for what is right. They had a really sad loss 10 years ago and have never been able to really get over it, but they strong and hope that one day justice will be served.

Michael, what can I say, just that he is super hotness! He is a lawyer who fights for whats right. Unfortunately, he is in the same boat as far as getting screwed over by the judicial system as Bobby is. He is a good friend to Piper and helps support her the best he can. 

This book had some harsh crimes that came about and some might be a little upset about the whole situation, but what I liked is the fact that Piper, just a standard civilian, was willing to take on this load of in justice and bring the evil monster down. I just wish more people would be willing to take the effort to help those in trouble and stand up for what is right instead of turning their back on it. No I don't think that people should take the steps that Piper did in the story as in real life you may not be as lucky, but there are other ways to show your support.

The book was great and I can't wait for the second one to come out. I so want to see the progression between Piper and Bobby....I feel that I was teased to much in this book, haha! This is my first book by this author and I am looking forward to more of her books as she releases them. If you want a little crime solving, suspense and a little bit of romance all mixed into one, you will enjoy this book, it is worth reading!

0 comments:

Post a Comment