Monday, May 6, 2013 | By: ~Valerie~

Fresh Meat by Carolyn McCray



Book Synopsis:

What do you get when you put 8 serial killers in a dungeon together, besides mayhem? Now add in some very feminine fresh meat and see what happens! Meanwhile on the outside a just off mental illness leave detective is desperately searching for a shy, missing woman. Will he find her before she is just another statistic?


Book Review:

Okay so I will say this is the first book I have read by this author and the first book I have read that is of this genre, I guess you could put it that way. I am not sure where to start on this review, I am afraid if admitting how much I really liked this book will make me a tad bit strange to some viewers, lol. I have to say though I did! Not because of the gore or the serial killer part but because of the way the book was written. I was on the edge of my seat for the whole entire thing. I loved it so much I finished it in a few hours because I couldn't put it down, I needed to know what was going to happen on the next page.

I will say this book is not for the fainthearted or people with sensitive stomachs, there is a lot of blood and gore and some really disturbing mental pictures will protrude through your head as you read. I would also say no one under 18 should read this book either. It can be very graphic and not suitable for the young.

I was actually looking to change up from constantly reading romance novels, even though I enjoy them I needed to something to add a little more thrill in the mix. I came across a post talking about this book and decided I would give it a try as I liked the what the synopsis read. Was I ever surprised at how much this book would capture my attention. Carolyn McCray is a great writer and has a great sense of skills to be able to bring you into a story. She knows how to keep you jumping from one thought to another, you never really know what the actual answer is to the story till the very end. Oh can I say, OH.MY.GOD, on that ending!!! I was definitely not expecting that at all, was completely thrown for a loop with the turn of events. I LOVED IT!!! 

I am looking forward to reading more of her books, I was able to snag up a series packet for free and I look to starting!! If you are looking for a thrill with a little bit of horror mixed in by all means you should check this book out, you won't be disappointed!

1 comments:

Leader of the Pack said...

Ah, thank you very much. That is doubly nice to have you like it when you aren't even a fan of genre :-)
Again, thanks for the kind words :-)

Post a Comment