Thursday, May 2, 2013 | By: ~Valerie~

Dark Passing by Liz Schulte


Book Synopsis:

Mary Nelson's murder shocked the small town of Jackson. The vibrant, young college student disappeared on her way home. A week later her body was found in the trunk of a burning car. No suspects. No evidence. No case.

Ella Reynold's life had finally turned around. With a new book released, the past safely tucked away, and a burgeoning romance, she begins to live again. Then a plea from a woman whose daughter's murder remains unsolved ignites Ella's curiosity - and drags her back into the dark world she fought so desperately to escape.

Curiosity turns to obsession as Ella inches closer to the truth - and the murder begins to claim new victims.

Book Review:

This is the second book on the continuation of Ella's story. The first book was called "Dark Corners," and was an amazing read, the book was truly creepy and kept me looking over my shoulder at any noise that was made. I read the first a couple months ago and decided that I would finish this book. Again I am not surprised by Liz Schulte writing. I have read many other of her books and have loved every single one of them. 

In "Dark Passing," Ella has found herself involved again in another murder. After a year of trying to find her husband's killer and dealing with a haunted house in the process, she about lost herself completely. She had finally gotten her life back and was finally living again with the help of Detective Gabriel Troy. Now she is not so sure she will be able to pull herself out again if she gets to deep in the murder of a young girl.

Again, Liz Schutle had me jumping from one character or the other trying to pick blame and the whole time it was the one character I didn't put to much suspicion in....I had my doubts but didn't feel it would have gone that way, but boy did it ever!!

I love how the author can keep me guessing till the end of the book on what is the actual truth. She did this also with Book 1 of the Ella Reynold's Series! I had no clue till the very end who was the bad guy. Oh and talk about spooky, her books can give me the creeps sometimes on how real they feel. I am sure I will have a little issue trying to sleep tonight and not picture the beings that were within this story, lol.

I have read several other books by Liz Schulte and I can honestly say that I have not been disappointed yet. I am just hoping she writes another book about Ella because I could definitely use some more of Gabriel ;-)

You should definitely check out this series and Liz Schulte other books as well, you will not be disappointed!! :)


0 comments:

Post a Comment